A Quick Way To Make Sweet And Spicy Garlic Shrimp
If you are a fan of shrimp and garlic, this recipe is for you. It’s fast and delicious. You can enjoy the delicacy on its own or serve as a side on rice or any food of your choice.
- 1/2 kg shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed
- 5 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp lemon or juice
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley or green onion, divided
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted peanuts, optional
- Water, as needed
- In a heavy skillet over high heat, heat olive oil until it just begins to smoke.
- Layer shrimp evenly in the pan and cook for a minute without stirring.
- Season with salt and cook for another minute until shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Stir in garlic and pepper and cook for a minute. Stir in lemon juice, soy sauce, hot sauce, 1/2 tbsp butter and half of the parsley.
- Cook for a minute or until butter has melted, then reduce heat to low and stir in remaining butter. Cook for about three minutes until butter has melted and shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl.
- Keep cooking butter sauce, adding water a teaspoon at a time if too thick. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve shrimp topped with the pan sauce. Garnish with remaining flat-leaf parsley and peanuts.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421