An Easy Way To Make Buttermilk Pancakes
On this special day, we’ve created this kid-friendly pancake recipe to up your pancake game and bring you and your kids closer. You can make these yummy fluffy pancakes on your own or include your kids in the breakfast process.
Serve these hot or warm with some strawberry sauce, syrup or sides of choice.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- Extra butter for frying
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix until well incorporated.
- Melt butter in a microwave, then combine with buttermilk.
- Separate egg yolk from egg white and add egg yolk into buttermilk mixture.
- Whisk egg white lightly with a fork until bubbles start to form.
- Add buttermilk mixture to the dry combination. Mix lightly with a spatula or wooden spoon – do not over mix.
- Add in egg white and mix lightly again.
- Heat a non-stick pan and dust lightly with butter.
- Pour about 1/3 cups of batter in hot pan and fry for about two minutes just until pancakes begin to bubble, then flip over and cook until done.
Note: Fry pancakes on medium-low heat to avoid them burning.