Delicious and Easy to Prepare Chicken Lo Mein
Week days are always busy, breakfast is taken in a hurry and dinner is almost always ordered take-out. Here is a simple dish prepared in short time and healthy with all the delicious vegetables added. The ingredients makes a delicious dish.
- 1 pack spaghetti noodles.
- 3 tbsps low soy sauce
- 2 tbsps hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbspn light brown sugar
- 1 tbspn rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbspn oil
- 1/2kg boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, I used a mix of broccoli, carrots and baby corn
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger
- Sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and rice wine vinegar, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the other tablespoon of olive oil to the wok then add the mixed vegetables and bell pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the sauce to the pan along with the cooked chicken and cooked noodles.
- Toss everything together and serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421