How To Make Pineapple Stir-fry Rice
The first time I tasted this meal was in Thailand. First of all, imagine all the burst of flavour in this meal… Once you try this, there’s no going back. This meal, coupled with the basil leaf and coconut oil, is just what the doctor ordered.
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 1/4 cup cold pressed coconut oil (any other vegetable oil will do)
- Basil leaves (chopped or left in whole)
- Sweet pineapple (chopped into cubes- place on a strainer)
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup of diced green beans
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh pepper – to taste
- Curry powder
- Boil rice for 20 – 30 minutes until soft, so it can be mashed when stirred.
- Pour a quarter cup of coconut oil into a nonstick pot and place on low heat.
- Add onions, sliced pepper, carrot and green beans. Stir for about one minute.
- Add a teaspoon of curry powder and stir.
- Pour in your cold rice and stir gently gradually combining all ingredients.
- Add seasoning and salt to taste.
- Add your basil leaves and diced pineapple, stir in gently and turn off the heat.