How To Make Thai Red Duck Curry
The great thing about curry dishes is that you can add or subtract the veggies you want in your dish. This curry was made using roasted duck legs and store-bought curry paste. The dish is super simple to make and definitely a crowd pleaser.
- Duck legs or breast
- 2 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp star anise
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 -3 tbsps complete seasoning
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 – 3 tbsps red curry paste
- Handful fresh Thai basil
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 big carrot, sliced
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
- 1 – 2 tsp palm or cane sugar (sub for white sugar)
- 2-4 Thai chilli peppers (optional)
- Clean duck and season with a combination of plum sauce, hoisin, cinnamon, star anise, black pepper and complete seasoning.
- Grill duck in the oven for about 20-30 minutes.
- In a wok, add fish sauce, minced garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add red curry paste and stir-fry for about three seconds before adding coconut milk.
- Add diced potatoes and water. Cook until potatoes are halfway done, then add carrots.
- Add fresh Thai basil and leave to simmer for some seconds.
- If using Thai chilli peppers (whole or sliced), add at this stage.
- Add sugar and simmer for about five minutes.
- Slice the duck meat and add into or on top of the curry.
- Enjoy hot with your side of choice.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421