How To Make The Perfect Gin And Tonic
When mixed and served the right way, gin and tonic sounds, looks, smells and tastes irresistible. But, if you want to take this simple drink to another level, there are many ways to use liqueur and other fresh ingredients to complement the spirit and mixer combination.
*Recipe serves one.
- 5 tonic water Ice Cubes — we recommend Schweppes tonic water
- 2 shots gin
- 3 shots tonic water
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime wedge, to garnish
- 1 mint sprig, to garnish
- First of all, make the tonic water ice cubes.
- Fill an empty ice cube tray with tonic water.
- Pop in the freezer for a couple of hours until ice cubes fully form.
- Place the tonic water ice cubes in a tall, narrow, chilled glass.
- Add the gin to the tall glass.
- Add the tonic water next.
- Finally, add the lime juice.
- Stir all the ingredients together properly.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Top it all with a mint sprig.
- Serve the cocktail immediately.