Recipe: Mouth-Watering Spanish Chilli Garlic Prawns
For seafood lovers, prawns can be such a delight! Bring out the best in this pan-fried prawn dish by using spicy peppers and garlic and finishing with lemon and herbs for a refreshing meal that’s ready in minutes.
*Recipe serves four.
- 1 kg green prawns, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 fresh habanero peppers, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 teaspoons grated lime rind
- Crusty bread, sliced, brushed with oil, chargrilled, to serve
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 80g butter
- Salt, to season
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil and butter.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the prawns and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the prawns turn pink and are just cooked through.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon rind and parsley to the prawn mixture and toss to combine.
- Divide the prawns among serving plates and serve with and bread.