Recipe: Oven-baked Peppered Chicken
Have you ever had one of those meals that make out of laziness, but somehow it turned out totally amazing? This recipe is one of those. I must admit that 99% of the time I am a lazy cook and this oven-baked peppered chicken recipe isn’t a new thing in my kitchen. In fact, anything oven-baked usually wins in my books. Why? It’s because things that go in an oven are low maintenance. You don’t have to stir, mix, flip etc. Just pop it in the oven and take it out when it’s done.
- 6 pieces of chicken (thighs are used in this recipe)
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Ginger powder
- Cameroon pepper
- Rosemary leaf
- 3 tbsps blended pepper
- 1/4 small onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare the baking pan with parchment paper.
- Remove the skin and excess fat from the chicken and put in a medium bowl.
- Season the chicken with the spices and mix in blended pepper.
- Arrange chicken on baking pan and add onion slices, tomatoes and garlic cloves on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Change oven setting to broil at 525F and broil for 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with rosemary leaves.