Get A Healthy Boost With The Garden Egg Salad
All you need is a few healthy swaps and you can turn the traditional egg salad into a delicious, much healthier lunch. It is great in sandwiches or rolled up in lettuce leaves.
*Recipe yields six servings.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise (or more, if you like)
- 2 tbsps whole-grain mustard
- 2 spring onion bulbs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot or cucumber, minced
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 radishes, grated on the large holes of a box grater
- 8 lettuce leaves or toasted bread, to serve
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Put the eggs in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover.
- Bring eggs to a boil, cover and turn off the heat. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Drain the eggs, crack off the shell, then peel under cool running water.
- Dice the eggs.
- Combine the diced eggs with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Stir in the spring onions, carrots or cucumber, peas and radish.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add some minced herbs, if you like.
- Divide the egg salad among the lettuce leaves, top with the sprouts and roll up.
- For a more filling meal, you can also sandwich your salad between bread slices.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421