Have A Classy “Old Fashioned” Today
The Old Fashioned cocktail is an age old classic that first popped up in the May 13, 1806 edition of a newspaper called The Balance and Columbian Repository. Although it didn’t earn its name until later in the 1881, it is still one of the most respected cocktails in the world today.
- 60ml Bourbon
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 Sugar Cube
- 1 splash Club Soda
- 1 Glass
- Place the sugar cube (or 1/2 teaspoon loose sugar) in a glass.
- Wet it down with 2 or 3 dashes of Angostura bitters and a short splash of club soda.
- Crush the sugar with a wooden muddler, chopstick, strong spoon, lipstick, cartridge case, whatever.
- Rotate the glass so that the sugar grains and bitters give it a lining.
- Add a large ice cube.
- Pour in the bourbon