Style Tips That Could Save You Time
1. To determine if pearls are real, lightly rub them over your teeth. Fake pearls will be perfectly smooth, and real ones will feel slightly gritty or textured.
2. When shopping for a jacket focus more on the shoulder fit than any other part of the suit.
3. Chic up a sporty puffer vest by cinching the waist with a skinny belt.
4. Always dry-clean coats before storing them, and place on cedar hangers inside cloth garment bags. This preserves the fabric and keeps moths away.
5. If you have a small closet, never keep your shoes in clunky shoeboxes, instead, always lineup them on the floor.
6. Going to a winter wedding or formal event? Try wearing a sleeveless fur vest as a top, cinching it with a skinny belt or piece of ribbon and pairing it with a floor-length skirt.
7. Everyday bras should be replaced every three to six months, as that’s when they start to lose elasticity and support.
8. Ideally, a pencil skirt should hit just at the top of your knee. Any lower and it will start to shorten your leg.
9. Are your trousers a bit too tight? Let them air dry and stretch the waistband by hand while they’re still damp.
10. Still look chic while showing some skin: If you’re wearing a miniskirt or shorts, cover up on top. If your top is skimpy, go for full-coverage bottoms.