Delicious Tilapia and Mango Salsa Served With Rice
Did you ever imagine mango and rice on the same plate as a meal. In this part of the world, we take mango as a fruit or make smoothie out of it. Check out this new recipe and try it while mango is still in season. The ingredients are easy to get and in any grocery store or local market.
Here are what you need to make this interesting dish:
- 180g rice
- 1/2kg Tilapia Fish
- 1 large mango
- 180g black beans
- 1 tbsp red bell pepper
- 1 clove red onions, chopped
- 4 tbsps lime juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp zest from lime
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- De-bone the fish.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, zest from lime, 2 tbsps of lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Marinate the fish in the mixture for one hour.
- Bake in the oven for seven to ten minutes.
- Cook rice until soft and set aside.
- Cook black beans and add a little salt.
- To make mango salsa, peel the back off the mango and cut into cubes.
- In small bowl, mix the mango, black beans, two tbsp of lime juice, one tsp apple cider vinegar, one tsp sugar and pepper.
- Serve the rice and mango salsa topping immediately.
No comments yet