• Adoke still in ‘wanted’ list
THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), will today, arraign former Minister of Interior, Abba Moro before Justice Chikere of the Federal High Court, Abuja.
Moro, who is standing trial for an 11-count charge bordering on money laundering and other offences, is to be arraigned alongside four other suspects over the N676 million failed recruitment exercise of the Nigeria Immigration Service that led to the death of several applicants in March 2013.
EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, confirmed that the anti-graft agency had got the nod of the court to dock the erstwhile minister and the other suspects.
Meanwhile, PDP chieftain, Prince Uche Secondus, has remained in custody since his arrest last week.
A source at the commission informed The Guardian that Secondus and Donald Chidi Amamgbo, the alleged front to former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Dieziani Allison- Madueke, have remained in custody.
“I think they are still in custody because as at the close of work on Friday, they were still there”, he said.
While Secondus is being investigated for allegedly receiving 23 exotic cars worth N310 million from Jide Omokire, an ally of former President Goodluck Jonathan, Amamgbo is alleged to have received oil contracts to the tune of billions of dollars within four years without following due process.
Omokire, himself, is being investigated in connection with some multi-billion dollar petrol import and crude export deals.
He was invited and quizzed on January 27 and has since been released on administrative bail as investigations continue.
His company, Atlantic Energy Limited, is alleged to have illegally received from Jonathan’s administration, multi-billion dollar worth of public assets.
Meanwhile, the anti-graft agency says former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke still on its wanted list despite his letter to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, dissociating self from the Malabu deal.
A top source told The Guardian yesterday that Adoke is still to defend himself in the matter for which he has been invited.
Asked about the use of the word “wanted’ when the former minister has not been officially declared wanted, the source said, “anyone that has been invited by the EFCC is on the wanted list of the commission”.
It would be recalled that Adoke, in a letter Osinbajo, had defended his role in the Malabu issue, stating that the deal predated his tenure in office and that he had only worked to get a favourable compensation of $180 million for Nigeria, an amount he said, the country wouldn’t have been able to obtain going by the laws of the country at the time.
In the letter, Adoke stressed the mention of his name was an attempt to bring him to disrepute.
No Comments yet