MASSOB, Arewa youths dare FG to re-arrest Kanu
• Group may take Arewa to court over quit notice
• PANDEF condemns quit notice to northerners, Yoruba
The Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and aggrieved members of the Arewa youths yesterday said that any attempt by the Federal government to re-arrest Nnamdi Kanu, for alleged violation of bail conditions would fuel the agitation for Biafra independence.
In a statement signed by MASSOB leader, Comrade Uche Madu, he criticised the Federal Government over the comments by the Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazzu, of government’s plan to re-arrest Kanu, noting that they will resist it.
Madu queried government’s plan to re-arrest Kanu whose non-violent activities towards Biafra actualisation and restoration have not been breached.According to him, Dambazzu has defended the Arewa youths that threatened the people of Biafra with an October 1 quit notice, saying the youths were misquoted by the media.
“MASSOB warned that any attempt or plan to re arrest Mazi Nnamdi Kanu will be thoroughly and massively resisted. We can never tolerate it. It is an insult and embarrassment to us.”
Also, the President of the Arewa Youth for Progress and Development (AYPD), Comrade Danjuma Seriki, said that it will be a misplace of justice if the Interior Minister effects his plans without arresting the leaders of the Northern youth coalition who were involved in the Kaduna declaration.
According to Seriki, “I want to make it categorically clear that the Arewa youth declaration should seen as null and void. It was sponsored by some people in the villa. That is why it has been difficult to arrest those who were involved.“The powers that be are trying to use that to bargain for whatever ulterior motive they have. The genuine Arewa youths are against that.
‘’You cannot arrest Kanu and leave the leaders of the northern coalition that made that declaration. I want to say it categorically that Dambazzau too should be thoroughly investigated in this entire saga.”
Meanwhile, a group, Organisation for Global Youth Peace Empowerment and Development Initiative (OGYPEDI), has concluded plans to drag Arewa youths to court over the October 1 quit notice issued to the Igbos to vacate the northern part of the country.
According to a statement signed by group’s National Coordinator, Mr. Japhet Omene, the group said the move is borne out of the organisation’s concern for peace, unity and safety of every Nigerian, irrespective of their location and tribal affiliations.
Also, the Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) yesterday condemned the quite notice issued to Northerners and Yorubas by a Coalition of Niger Delta Agitators to leave the Niger Delta by October 1, 2017, as well as the threat by the coalition to attack oil facilities from September 10, 2017.
In a statement yesterday evening by the Coordinating Secretary of PANDEF, Dr. Alfred Mulade, he said the notice was coming at a time when PANDEF leadership and stakeholders had a very useful meeting with Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo.In a related development, an Igbo pressure group, South East Forum (SEF) led by former Presidential candidate, Ezekiel Izuogu, has said that restructuring if allowed would help check rising agitations.
He also described as “enemies of Nigeria”, those currently scripting and circulating hate songs against the Igbo in northern parts of the country.Izuogu told reporters at the end of their meeting in Enugu, that those opposing restructuring of the country “are anti- Nigeria,” stressing that the support the idea has received so far should compel the Federal Government into implementing it.
He stated that the present situation of the country was a clear indication that its leadership needs to adopt measures beyond those currently obtainable for the survival and continued unity of the various segments.
No Comments yet