The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

Mysterious fire guts section of Ebonyi government house

Related


Mysterious fire yesterday gutted the accounts section of the Ebonyi state government House causing pandemonium and disrupting activities within the complex.

Although no life was lost, the burnt section also housed the office of the Chief of Staff to the Governor, Chief Offor Okorie. Saturday Guardian gathered that the inferno, which destroyed several office equipment, started around 9am in the morning.

Speaking on the development the Senior Special Assistant to Gov. David Umahi on Internal Security, Kenneth Ugbala said it took the combined efforts of workers and the State Fire Service to put out the fire. He said: “The fire outbreak was caused by a faulty electrical connection within the accounts section and the level of damage was minimal.

An anonymous eyewitness said the fire started suddenly, with thick smoke emanating from the section. “The shouts for help attracted workers who used water and detergent to put out the fire before the arrival of firemen,” she said.


In this article:
David UmahiOffor Okorie
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet