The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

Electricity worker electrocuted in Imo


TRAGEDY occurred on Monday, in a sleepy Imo community, Azaraegbelu, in Owerri –North Local Council, when a security official of the joint venture of the NIPP / Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC), was electrocuted.

   According to a source, the victim had been deployed to clean and prepare some areas in the NIPP equipment in preparatory for its inauguration, when he was suddenly found shivering and finally electrocuted.

   The witness, who pleaded anonymity, disclosed that when he noticed that the deceased was shivering as he was cleaning something, he (witness) advanced and attempted to touch him, but was thrown away by the effect of the electricity.

He said: “When the security man was cleaning something, i suddenly noticed that he was shaky and i went further to touch him, but i was thrown away by the shock,” he stated.

  Remains of the deceased had been deposited at a morgue in the area.

   Meanwhile, the Imo State Police Commissioner, Mr. Abdulmajid Ali, has announced the recovering of a seven- year –old child at Amakoihia Market in Owerri North Local Council of the state.

   According to a statement on Monday, issued by the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), of the command, Mr. Andrew Enwerem, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), on behalf of the CP, Ali disclosed that the child was found in the market, urging anyone whose child is missing to contact either the command’s PPRO or the anti- human trafficking unit.

Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet