Tunisia museum massacre: the victims
The health ministry said three fatalities remain to be identified.
Below is a list of the identified victims:
Four Italians were killed, according to Tunis and the foreign ministry in Rome, which said six more were wounded.
Tunisia said three Japanese died, a figure confirmed by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who added that three were wounded.
According to the Tunis authorities and French President Francois Hollande, three French tourists were among the dead.
Hollande said two more had been seriously injured, while five were lightly wounded and would return home shortly.
Two of the victims identified came from southern France, with local authorities saying one was a retired man and the other the manager of a racecourse. No information on the third casualty was given.
COLOMBIA and AUSTRALIAN COLOMBIAN
Tunis reported that one Colombian and a Colombian-Australian were killed.
The foreign ministry in Bogota said they were Miriam Martinez, 56, and her son Javier, 28, who also had Australian nationality and lived in Sydney. The father of the family, retired army general Jose Arturo Camelo, survived. The family had gone on a cruise to celebrate Javier’s graduation.
Tunisia and Spain have both reported that two Spaniards were killed. Madrid named them as Antoni Cirera and Dolors Sanchez from Barcelona and said they had been on a cruise.
A Spanish couple — including a four-month pregnant woman — were found alive Thursday after spending the night hiding inside the Bardo with a museum guard.
A British tourist was among those killed, London and Tunis said.
Officials named her as Sally Adey and said she was visiting the museum with her husband, who survived.
A Belgian woman was killed, said Tunis and Brussels, which added that her husband was wounded in the knee.
Tunisian officials said one Polish tourist was killed.
Officials say a policeman was among the dead.
No Comments yet