A peep into Dubai Parks & Resorts, as tour operators seal partnership deal
Come October 31, 2016, the newly constructed Dubai Parks and Resorts will officially open doors to millions of visitors from across the world, for an unprecedented theme park experience in the new wonderland of the Middle East.
Ahead of the official opening, top management of the facility were in Lagos recently, where it officially unveiled the project to Nigerians, especially tour operators. The event, which featured a special documentary on the yet to be opened park, was an opportunity for tourists from Nigeria to have insight into the park.
Held at the Wheatbaker hotel, Ikoyi, Lagos, the event also witnessed the official signing of a partnership agreement deal between Dubai Parks and Resorts and four leading Nigerian travel management companies, with the hope of attracting Nigerian tourists to the facility. Based on the agreement, the fours partners, which includes Lagos-based Tour Brokers International, Wakanow, Quantum/Ajala and All States Travels based in Abuja, will now provide exclusive information and marketing support services on behalf of Dubai Parks and Resorts to teeming Nigerian and West African visitors, who plan to visit the park.
On the choice of Nigeria for this strategy agreement that covers the entire sub-region, Deputy Head of Sales, Dubai Parks and Resorts, AbdulRaouf AbdulRazak described Nigeria as the powerhouse of Africa when it comes to travel and tourism in the continent.
“That’s why we chose Nigeria. Dubai has seen almost 250,000 passengers from Nigerian in 2015 alone, so, that’s why we’ve decided to capitalise on that. Nigerians love everything; I can’t tell you what’s the prime thing. Again, we are bringing the best from east to west; you will love everything at the park,” he said.
For the first year, it is projected that 7,000,000 would have visited the park, while the projection for 2020 is about 20,000,000 visitors.
“We are bringing you the best from east to west all in one location; you can’t find that anywhere. To be able to go round the park, it will take you four days. Our target is to be the biggest destination in the whole of Middle East and Africa,” he said.
Meanwhile, the entire destination will be connected by Riverland™ Dubai – a uniquely themed retail and dining destination at the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts, and guests can stay at the Lapita™ Hotel, a Polynesian-themed family hotel part of the Marriott Autograph Collection.
“We will definitely have more hotels coming into the park. I’m sure, as we grow, we will have more and more opportunities for accommodation,” AbdulRazak said.
On the funding for the project, he informed, “His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum made 60 per cent of the investment, while the remaining 40 per cent of it comes from the public. So, if you want to buy the shares, you can go online and buy and then become an investor.”
The Dubai Parks and Resorts occupy a prime location on Sheikh Zayed Road, the most popular main highway in Dubai and the main connection to Abu Dhabi. With excellent local access across a range of transport links, the distance is 63km from Dubai International Airport, 68km from Abu Dhabi International Airport and 20km from the new Al Maktoum International Airport, which is designed to be the biggest airport in the world, with an expected capacity of 160 million passengers by 2027.
With a focus on becoming the largest integrated themed park in the Middle East, six cumulative experiences await visitors including Motiongate Dubai; Bollywood Parks Dubai; Legoland Dubai; Legoland Water Parks; Lapita and Riverland Dubai all fused into the 25 Million square feet Dubai Parks and Resorts landscape. Over a hundred rides and attractions including live shows, 3D motion simulators, roller coasters, drop towers, children fun areas and family experiences are part of the intriguing offers at the Dubai Parks and Resorts.
According to CEO of Dubai Parks and Resorts, Raed Kajoor Al Nuaimi, “when we first adopted ‘Experience Amazing’ as our slogan, our thinking was directed to what would be on offer when Dubai Parks and Resorts opens its gate in October to our guests. We are creating a unique destination that will feature the best from East to West, with three theme parks, a water park, a hotel, and a retail and dining district, all within comfortable walking distance of each other,” he said.
No Comments yet