Masobe books list new authors, books
Six writers have joined the Masobe Books family. These writers share the publishing firm’s ethos of creating an exciting body of work. The books, which will be published between now and the fourth quarter of 2020, are:
• Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani has partnered with Masobe Books for the Nigeria rights to her two novels, I Do Not Come To You By Chance and Buried beneath the Baobab Tree.
• Chimeka Garricks, one of Nigeria’s best-kept writing secrets, returns after a 10-year gap from his first novel. This time, he mixes lots of music with his distinctive storytelling magic in a memorable collection of short stories, A Broken People’s Playlist.
• Michael Afenfia, the author of three critically acclaimed novels, has adapted his popular series, The Mechanics of Yenagoa, into a full-length novel (of the same name, retaining the promise of the same wild and suspenseful ride).
• TJ Benson — remember the name — is the present-future of writing. His stories have appeared in Catapult, Transition, and more. The Madhouse, his richly written and dreamscape-y first novel, will be published in Nigeria next year.
• Angel Patricks Amegbe, poet and psychologist, debuts with The Days of Silence a deceptively gentle coming-of-age novel about the resilience of a family of women.
• Othuke Ominiabohs, playwright and novelist, will take readers on an intense and spiritual journey in Aviara, a novel about the travails of Anthony Mukoro, the flawed hero from his first and well-travelled novel, Odufa.
No comments yet