Eka Soup (Beniseed Soup) Recipe
Eka Soup (Beniseed soup) is a popular dish among the Idomas of Benue State, the Ogojas in Cross River and the Ibirams of Kogi state. A delicious aromatic soup, Eka is a blend of sesame seeds, roasted groundnut and palm kernel puree. Think healthy soup especially if you are watchful of your cholesterol level. However, you have to be careful about using a lot of palm oil because it has more oil than Egusi (melon) soup.
- 1½ Cup Beniseed (Sesame seed)
- 2 Cups Roasted Groundnut
- Assorted Beef
- Uziza Leaves
- Bitter Leaves
- 1 Onion
- 2 tbsp Ground Crayfish
. Red pepper
- Cameroun/Nsukka (Yellow) pepper
- Stock cube
- Salt To Taste
- 1½ spoon of palm oil
- Season your beef with stock cubes and salt. Add little water and cook.
- Roast your Beniseed in low heat using a pan till it turns golden brown. Blend the beniseed with the roasted groundnut and onions so that it turns to a powder form.
- In a separate pot, heat up the palm oil, fry your chopped onions and pepper.
- Add your stock cubes and crayfish and allow to simmer for 3 minutes
- Add the meat to the sauce and stir.
- After a minute, mold the sesame seed and groundnut into small balls, then add.
- Your vegetables (bitterleaf and ) should be added now. Allow to cook for two minutes, then turn off heat.