Guardian Life Guardian TV Facebook Instagram Twitter
News  |  Nigeria  

Ekiti to access UBEC funds in 2017

By Muyiwa Adeyemi (Head South West Bureau, Ado Ekiti)   |   17 October 2016   |   4:10 am
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose

Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose

Ekiti State government hopes to access funds from the Universal Basic Education Commission

Governor Ayodele Fayose expressed the hope in Ado-Ekiti on Saturday night while featuring in an interview programme on radio and television stations.

The state has been barred from accessing funds from commission following the alleged diversion of over N850 million by the previous administration in 2012.

In a statement by the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Idowu Adelusi on Sunday, Fayose said the funds that would be accessed would be used to renovate schools. He noted that the state had served its suspension from the commission’s funding and lamented that Ekiti lost so much due to the action of the former administration.

Fayose said the government would also set up a special school for gifted children.

“Hopefully, we will again be able to access funds from UBEC in 2017 after our state had been suspended from the activities of the commission following the diversion of N850 million by the immediate past administration.

In this article:
Ayodele FayoseUBEC

You may also like