3 Die At Instagram Influencer’s Party After Dry Ice Is Poured Into Swimming Pool
At least three people died on Friday at a birthday party in Moscow, Russia after dry ice was poured in a swimming pool.
Popular Instagram influencer Yekaterina Didenko is reported to have been celebrating her 29th birthday when the tragedy occurred.
It is gathered that Didenko’s husband was among the three people who died in the incident.
In an earlier video message, the blogger, looking shaken and distressed, said he had been rushed to intensive care. All the victims are said to be aged about 30.
It is unclear why dry ice was poured into the pool but a report has it that it was to reduce the temperature after guests exiting the sauna complained it was too warm while other reports say it may have been poured into the pool to create “visual effects.”
Guests of the party reportedly choked and several lost consciousnesses when they came in contact with the dry ice. Immediately the swimmers started to choke and several lost consciousnesses.
Preliminary analysis indicates the cause of death was suffocation.
Since dry ice is a solid form of carbon dioxide gas, if it’s placed in an area without proper ventilation, it can cause people to inhale dangerous amounts of the gas.
According to the New York State Department of Health webpage about the dangers of dry ice, symptoms of overexposure to dry ice include “headache and difficulty breathing, and with greater exposure, nausea and vomiting.”
The Department of Health page also states that if enough carbon dioxide gas is present, a person can lose consciousness or die.
Prior to the tragedy, Didenko who has over one million followers on Instagram had on Friday shared a post about her birthday
Didenko is known for posting tips about how to save money on pharmaceutical products on her Instagram page. She has a million followers.