8 Ways People React To Getting Blocked On Social Media
We live in a world where social media status matters to a lot of people as it is a platform through which many people not only communicate but some even have their livelihood depending on it.
Every now and then, it is not unusual to get blocked on a social media platform and while for some it is simply a case of “life goes on” for some others, their reactions may be a bit more dramatic.
Whether we care to admit it or not, getting blocked on a social media platform by someone is usually painful especially if you did not see it coming. Think of a social media when you are in the middle of typing your punchline savage response only to find out you can’t deliver it because you have been blocked?
How do people generally react to being blocked on social media? Well, overall, there are 8 ways people generally react whenever they are blocked on social media. Read on to see which one applies to you.
1. Some people just become confused. They start asking themselves rhetorical questions like, “What did I do?”, “Is it because of that small comment I made?”, “Na wa oo, is that how petty she is?”, “Why is he so immature?”
2. Some starts writing out painful sub post immediately, with intent to channel their pain into somewhere else.
3. Some other people will start leveraging on other channels to reach you. They may consider reaching your friends, and also telling them to help ask why you blocked them.
4. Some will engage another account just to be able to reach or monitor you.
5. Some will start reaching your friends with false gist about you. They say things like, “It’s an eye for an eye. Block me, I block you.”
6. Very few will block you too in return and simply move on. No time for dillydallying.
7. Some do not even know. They don’t bother about it. They do not care. You are just another replaceables on their friend list. They easily replace you.
8. Some special people will get you blocked in real life. these category have a black book, and they just never forget about it. When come in contact anywhere, they may challenge you or just ignore you absolutely.
You may now want to ask yourself. Which of these 8 are you? Don’t take this personally; it’s just one of those things.
Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox every day of the week. Stay informed with the Guardian’s leading coverage of Nigerian and world news, business, technology and sports.