The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp
Everything you need to live well

Dog Sets A House On Fire By Turning On Microwave

Light up the fire of love inside and blaze the thoughts away goes a popular saying but for a dog in Essex, it was an odd act of turning on a microwave that sparked a fire.

According to reports, the husky which was home alone at the time inadvertently sparked a fire when it turned on a microwave containing a packet of buns.

Once it was turned on, the packet of buns inside began to burn.

Luckily for the home owner in Stanford le Hope who was away at work at the time of the incident, he spotted smoke in the kitchen when he checked a camera feed on his phone.

The ​Essex fire service responded to his emergency call and upon arrival at the scene discovered that the fire had been contained within the microwave but the the kitchen had suffered considerable smoke damage.

The dog, however, was unharmed.

According to firefighters who responded to the emergency call, the dog was able to reach up to a kitchen counter to get to the appliance.

Speaking about the unusual incident, Geoff Wheal, the watch manager at Corringham Fire Station said:

“Clearly this is a very strange incident involving the man’s dog, but it could still have been more serious.”

He added:

“When we arrived, the kitchen was filled with smoke. Firefighters ensured that the damage did not spread beyond the kitchen area – but it demonstrates that microwaves shouldn’t be used to store food when they aren’t in use.

Our advice is to always keep your microwave clean and free of clutter or food or any packaging. Animals or children can turn them on more easily than you might think – so please don’t run the risk.”

 

In this article:
Doghouse firehusky
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

Related