11 Things To Know About UEFA President Award Winner David Beckham
Retired professional footballer, David Beckham is set to receive the 2018 UEFA President Award. According to the UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin, the award “recognises outstanding achievements, professional excellence and exemplary personal qualities”. Ceferin also noted that he has been so chosen because of his “tireless humanitarian efforts”.
His 20-year career saw the 43-year-old stamp his name in the sands of time:
- He is the first Briton to play 100 UEFA Champions League games. He is also the first English to win league titles in England, Spain, U.S.A and France.
- During this active years, he won 19 major trophies.
- In 2013, he was named the highest-paid footballer.
- Football legend, Pele listed him in the “ FIFA 100”, football list of the greatest footballers alive.
- He is married to Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice), a member of the defunct Spice Girls. They have been married since 1999 and are still together. They have four children, a girl and three boys. He once described as “heartbreaking” the non-interest of his boys in the sport.
- Beckham says that one of his memorable moments was when the Man U defeated Bayern Munich in Barcelona in 1999.
- He won six Premier League titles under Manchester United.
- He has been involved in several charitable works with UNICEF and “MLS W.O.R.K.S”
- He has an H&M underwear range.
- He has been dubbed the “Sexiest Man Alive” for two decades.
- He made his acting debut (cameo appearance) in 2017 film, King Arthur.