Angelina Jolie’s Movie Snubbed For Oscars 2018
Award season is in full swing now and the SAG Awards and Golden Globe nominations are still on the lips of everyone.
On Thursday, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced this year’s shortlist of potential Oscar contenders for the best foreign-language film. 92 films were submitted for consideration by their respective countries, and the final shortlist includes many familiar entries.
Angelina Jolie’s Cambodian film First They Killed My Father was completely snubbed, however, which surprised a number of people especially because it got a Golden Globe nod last Monday.
Here’s the final list of films written by country, movie name and director.
- Chile, A Fantastic Woman, Sebastián Lelio, director
- Germany, In the Fade, Fatih Akin, director
- Hungary, On Body and Soul, Ildikó Enyedi, director
- Israel, Foxtrot, Samuel Maoz, director
- Lebanon, The Insult, Ziad Doueiri, director
- Russia, Loveless, Andrey Zvyagintsev, director
- Senegal, Félicité, Alain Gomis, director
- South Africa, The Wound, John Trengove, director
- Sweden, The Square, Ruben Östlund, director
The final nominees in the category will be announced Jan. 23, 2018 and the 90th Oscars will be held Sunday, March 9, and will be televised on ABC.