Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Turns Sixty One Today
The former president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, turns sixty-one years today. In celebration of his birthday below are major events that happened in his life:
- Jonathan holds a B.Sc. degree in Zoology, an M.Sc. degree in Hydrobiology and Fisheries biology. A PhD degree in Zoology from the University of Port Harcourt.
- On 29 May 1999, Jonathan was sworn in as Deputy Governor of Bayelsa alongside Diepreye Alamieyeseigha.
- He served as a Governor of Bayelsa State from 2005 to 2007 after the impeachment of the current, Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, by the Bayelsa State Assembly.
- Goodluck served as the Vice-President of Nigeria from 2007 to 2010 under the administration of Late Umaru Musa Yar’adua.
- On 9 February 2010, a motion from the Nigerian Senate invested Goodluck Jonathan as acting President of the Federation.
- He served as the President of Nigeria from 2010 to 2015.
- He lost the 2015 presidential election to Muhammadu Buhari, becoming the first sitting Nigerian president to concede electoral defeat.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421