Close button
The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp
Everything you need to live well
x

Rapper Chynna Rogers Died From Accidental Drug Overdose

Chynna Rogers | Image: Twitter/Revolt TV

American rapper Chynna Rogers was declared dead on Wednesday after she was found unresponsive at her Philadelphia home. It has now been established that the 25-year-old died of drug overdose.

x

The Philadelphia Department of Public Health confirmed the cause of death on Thursday (via The Philadelphia Inquirer) though no further specifics were given.

“Chynna was deeply loved and will be sorely missed,” the family said in a statement issued through her manager, John Miller.

In an interview with Pitchfork in January 2020, she described how the pressures of the music industry had played a part in her addiction:
“I felt that I hadn’t gone through enough terrible stuff to deserve to have this as a career. I didn’t feel like I deserved to be making a living off talking about my life yet because I just couldn’t relate to enough people.”

Born Chynna Marie Rogers, Chynna began her career as a model when she was 14 after signing with Ford Models. During her rise to fame, she was mentored by A$AP Yams — who died in 2015 — and her association with A$AP Mob helped her first gain popularity in the hip hop scene.

Rogers released the singles “Selfie” (2013) and “Glen Coco” (2014). These were followed by her first EP “I’m not Here. This isn’t happening” (2015), “Music 2 die 2” (2016). Her final EP “In case I die first” was released in 2019.

In this article:
Chynna Rogers
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

Related