Seven Easy Steps To Making A Simple Fascinator Hat
A lot of romantics were agog with excitement when Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding started and watched with avid interest the minutest detail.
Fast-forward to after the wedding. A particular trend was adorned by almost all the ladies spotted. In what seemed like a royal rule, classy ladies like Priyanka Chopra, Serena Williams, Kate Middleton adorned the fascinator hats.
Fascinator hats are indeed a classy piece and a must-have for ladies.
Milliners are quickly catching on the wave and are making similar designs inspired by guests to the royal wedding.
To make your fascinator hats, here are the things you need:
- Uhu gum
- Mesh net [desired colour of your choice]
- Paper Cello Tape
- Make a circle with the wire as wide as you desire, cut and seal the edges together to form a circle
- Sew or glue the bias around the wire to cover it.
- Place the covered wire on the mesh net, use same to cover the wire like a fish net but taut. Tie the excess at the centre with thread and trim gently.
- Attach your broach on the centre of the petal with gum.
- Attach step 4 to the centre where you have the tied knot, that is, the middle of the circle.
- Fix the feathers between the petal and the mesh.
- On the reverse side cut out a small circular piece of warden, apply gum and fix. Then fix the comb with gum. Alternatively, you can neatly sew the comb with needle and thread.
Voila, your fascinator is ready.