8 Quick Facts About Late Nollywood Actor Pa Kasumu
Veteran Nollywood actor, Olukayode Odumosu who was popularly known as Pa Kasumu was born on March 16, 1953.
The Yoruba film actor died in Lagos on March 1, 2020, at the age of 67 after an illness.
Some of Pa Kasmu’s most memorable works include Sàngó: The Legendary African King (1998), Jesu Mushin (2002), Babie Á (2003) and Tales of Eve: Simi (2011).
In honour of Pa Kasumu, here are some facts to know him:
- He was born in born in Oyo state but is from Ogun state.
- He started his acting career in 1968 at the age of 15.
- He was baptised through a stage play titled Iyawo Orun (1968).
- Pa Kasumu was a household name in the Yoruba movie industry until he was diagnosed with biventricular heart failure in 2013.
- In 2014, he won N500, 000 cash prize on a game show, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
- In 2014, he bought and moved into a house worth N1.8million in Abeokuta.
- He was one of the beneficiaries of the ‘Nolly Veteran SOS Project 2019’. An initiative launched by Nollywood actress, Foluke Daramola as a lifeline for ailing and ageing Nollywood veterans.
- The actor fell sick ten years ago and was inactive in movies prior to his death.