3 Perfect Summer Makeup Looks
The sun is out, the rain is kind of here, and it is time to switch up your makeup. Summer in Nigeria is usually a mixed bag, but that doesn’t mean your beauty game should be on the back-burner. Take a cue from some of our tips below and create your own perfect summer makeup.
How To Aachieve the Perfect Summer Makeup Look
The perfect ‘no-makeup’ makeup look
For those low-key kinda days
- Instead of using a full coverage foundation, lightly apply a lightweight BB cream. A BB cream will even out the skin tone, add radiance, and won’t feel heavy in the heat.
- Pick a Warm Cheek blush in warm peaches or pinks to give skin a natural, subtle flush
- For your eyes, apply a shade slightly darker than your skin for a wash of colour.
- For your lips, pick a shade that matches your lips exactly and press the colour into your lips with your fingertip rather than applying it directly from the tube.
The Radiant, Bronzed Makeup Look
For drinks with the girls or a date night.
- Start off with a cushion foundation that will leave you glowing in the sun (oily skin types should be careful of using these kinds of foundations)
- Take your favourite bronzer and use a fluffy powder brush to apply it along your hairline, cheekbones, neck, and jaw.
- Highlight your cheekbones, bridge of your nose, and a little on your chin to help create the illusion of healthy, glowing skin.
- For your eyes, take a bronze-brown with golden shimmer and apply it all over your lids. Don’t forget to coat your bottom and top lashes with mascara
- Add a shimmering lip color to your lips to finish the look.
The Dark, Bold Makeup Look
Perfect for those nights out, or when you really just want to show off.
- Start off with a medium/full coverage foundation to lay your base down. Use a shade two times darker than your skin to add dimension to your face and warm up your cheekbones, jaw and hairline.
- Using an illuminator, apply it with your fingers to the tops of your cheekbones, bridge of your nose and cupids bow.
- For your eyes, create a smokey eye using a bronze/gold shimmery shade on the lid and a darker brown in the crease to create depth. Do not forget to blend!
- Apply a matte dark red lipstick to your lips to finish the look