How To Prevent Travel Sickness
In as much as travel promises a lot of like the options of new places, new cultures, realizing how small or big the world is and so much more, it also brings the burden of travel sickness to some people. According to Wikipedia, “Travel sickness aka motion sickness and kinetosis, is a condition in which a disagreement exists between visually perceived movement and the vestibular system’s sense of movement.”
You might experience symptoms such as; dizziness, fatigue, and nausea. As a traveller, the types of travel sickness you might experience are car sickness,air sickness and sea sickness which basically sums up all the means of transportation.
This is how you can easily prevent travel sickness;
- Avoid excessive consumption of foods, drinks, and alcohol before and during travel.
- Avoid strong odors may also help prevent nausea.
- Breathe fresh air if possible.
- Do not read or watch a movie while traveling.
- Try to choose a seat where you will experience the least motion. The middle of an airplane over the wing is the calmest area of an airplane. On a ship, those in lower level cabins near the center of a ship generally experience less motion than passengers in higher or outer cabins. In a car, sit in the front seat of a car.
- Isolate yourself from others who may be suffering from motion sickness.
- Hearing others talk about motion sickness or seeing others becoming ill can sometimes make you feel ill yourself.