The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

No road closure for APC presidential rally says Lagos government

Related

PHOTO: Twitter/Tolani Alli

The Lagos state government Friday assured the state residents that there would be no road closures for the visit of President Muhammadu Buhari for the All Progressives Congress presidential rally.

In a press statement received by The Guardian, Ladi Lawanson, the State’s Commissioner for Transportation, said the earlier statement announcing diversion and road closure had been reviewed, adding that residents were free to go about their businesses.

Lawanson, who is also a member of the transport sub-committee for the Presidential visit and the APC rally, said Lagosians should jettison an earlier announcement by the committee to the effect that there would be road closures.

“So, there will not be any road closures in Lagos tomorrow and Lagosians are free to go about their normal businesses tomorrow, Saturday,” Lawanson said.

He said adequate arrangement had been firmed up to ensure free flow of traffic, but that residents should expect tight security around the routes which the President is expected to pass through in the course of his visit and the venue of the rally.

“We would just like to communicate that because we are expecting a high caliber personality no less a person than the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the normal security precautions that attend a visit of this nature should be expected.

“Around the venue of the rally which is the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Surulere and the adjourning streets are traffic management agencies such as LASTMA, FRSC, Police and other agencies that would support them tomorrow.

“They will handle the traffic management around the venue tomorrow and so people can expect to see a huge presence of our traffic management officers fully on ground to ensure that there is free flow of traffic. We consider it important to clarify this so that we can communicate to Lagosians and give them the assurance that Lagos and especially Surulere would not be on lockdown,” the Commissioner said.

Also speaking, Musa said LASTMA would be deploying tow trucks to promptly evacuate any broken down vehicle and adequate personnel to tackle any gridlock that may arise from the President’s visit and the activities around the Surulere.


Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet