Recipe Of The Week: Beef And Ground Pork Sliders
Having a barbecue this summer but don’t know what to make? Here is a simple slider recipe you would love.
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 cup yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 12 ounces (80/20) ground beef
- 12 ounces ground pork
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup equal parts mayonnaise and mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup thinly shredded romaine hearts
- 12 slices cheese of choice (Gruyere, baby Swiss, or Gloucester)
- 12 petit buns (2 to 2 1/2 inches), toasted
- Sauté the butter, onions, white pepper and 1 tablespoon of sea salt in a pan over high heat until the butter has melted. Reduce the heat to medium and finish cooking the onions until slightly browned on the edges, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Mix the beef, pork, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper in a bowl.( Do not over mix or the burger will be too tightly bound). Portion the meat into 12 (2-ounce) balls, then flatten the balls into patties about 2 1/2 inches round.
- Preheat a grill and grill the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Combine the mayonnaise-mustard mixture with the lemon juice and shredded romaine lettuce.
- Top the bottom bun with the dressed lettuce, a burger, some caramelized onions, and cheese of choice. Add the top bun and serve.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421