10 Mouth-Watering Cuisine Worth Travelling For
Sometimes, what we eat is the biggest highlight of our visit to a new place. This is why some travellers have become obsessed with seeking out delicious, unique foods.
Would you book a flight just so you can eat something delicious? If your answer is yes, then perhaps you need to start planning your trip around these must-eat places. Their cuisine looks amazing enough for your social media pages and is definitely worth trying.
1. Located in California, Catch and Release offers a seafood tower with oysters, shrimp, clams and lobster for $150 (N54,253).
2. Located in London, Patty and Bun offers the juiciest beef patties. The ‘Smokey Robinson’. It is a beef patty with cheese, tomato, caramelised onions, bacon, ketchup and smokey mayo.
3. Arguably providers of the best gelato in Rome, Fatamorgana has colourful and unusual flavours that reflect the fruits and ingredients in season.
4. Pho Hoa, a small Vietnamese restaurant, serves some of the best pho in the world. Have a steaming bowl of rice noodles, meatballs, anise-scented broth, spring rolls, banh mi and more.
5. The spicy chicken stew called Doro Wat is one of the best things to eat in Africa. Dine in Addis Ababa at Kategna or the Oda Cultural Restaurant and Cafe.
6. Journey down to India for a plate of biryani, that fragrant rice cooked with succulent meat and aromatic herbs. Check out Lalla’s Biryani or Lucknowi Biryani.
7. If you haven’t yet tried sushi, try a fresh fish and rice combination at Michelin-starred Sushi Masheda or Koyoshi Sushi in Osaka.
8. Visit Ladurée in Paris renowned for its delicious cuisine. The world-famous institution invented the mouth-watering macaron.
9. Playa del Carmen in Mexico is known for its seafood. Try aguachido, shrimp marinated in lemon juice with clamato and fresh vegetables, in the Aguachiles restaurant.
10. Khinkali are simple-looking Georgian meat-filled dumplings that burst into flavour when you bite into them. Pasanauri in Georgia stays open all day to offer your belly an authentic Georgian experience.
Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox every day of the week. Stay informed with the Guardian’s leading coverage of Nigerian and world news, business, technology and sports.