Easy Recipe for Chicken Suya
Chicken suya is a delicious chicken recipe prepared with tasty spices. This delight will get you and your guests salivating for more during this holiday season.
- 1/5 kg chicken thigh skinned
- 4 tbsp groundnut paste
- 1 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp. white pepper
- 1 tbsp seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsps vegetable oil
- Wooden skewers
- Soak the skewers in water to prevent them from burning and set aside
- If using an oven, set to 450°F. Brush the baking pan with oil to prevent sticking.
- In a bowl, add garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, white pepper, cayenne pepper, peanut paste and seasoning and mix.
- Dry the chicken and make sure water is not dripping and cut into thin shapes.
- Cover the skewers with the chicken slices, at least four pieces per skewer.
- Sprinkle spice mixture on both sides of the skewered chicken and place on the baking pan or open grill if using charcoal.
- Spray oil lightly on the skewered chicken and bake for 20 minutes, flipping occasionally to make sure both sides are cooked and not burnt.
- Serve when warm or as desired.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421