2 Quick Remedies For Food Poisoning
Food poisoning has happened to most people, this could be from food cooked or bought or from expired foods.
When you are suffering from food poisoning, your body is likely to lose more water than normal. Rather than rushing to your doctor immediately, you can start your treatment at home with some readily ingredients that could be found in your own kitchen.
Ginger and Honey
- 1 to 2 inches of sliced ginger root
- 1 cup of water
- Add the ginger to a cup of water and bring it to a boil in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and strain.
- Let the tea cool a little before adding some honey to it.
- Consume it immediately.
- You can also mix a few drops of ginger juice with honey and consume it.
- As a quick fix, you may also chew on small pieces of ginger.
You must drink this tea at least thrice daily until your symptoms subside.
Why This Works
Ginger is a commonly used remedy for various ailments. It contains a compound called gingerol that has antimicrobial properties and helps fight the food-borne pathogens. Ginger can also improve the absorption of essential nutrients that can aid digestion, and this effect is doubled when it is used in combination with honey . Raw honey exhibits antimicrobial and digestion properties that can speed up your recovery. Both ginger and honey also relieve nausea and vomiting that are the usual symptoms of food-borne illnesses.
2-3 peeled garlic cloves
- Chew on the garlic cloves.
- Alternatively, you can also mince some garlic and consume it with honey.
You must consume garlic at least once daily until you obtain relief.
Why This Works
Garlic has powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties that can help destroy the food-borne pathogens. It can also relieve diarrhea and stomach pain.
The medical information provided in this article is provided as an information resource only. This information does not create any patient-physician relationship and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.