Celebrate Independence Day With This Tropical Avocado Ice Cream
Happy Independence day!!!
In this high spirit, let’s go green today with this our homemade recipe of the day: Tropical Avocado ice cream. it’s so delicious, it will leave you to wonder how it’s also so healthy and packed with healthy fats, nutrients, fibre and a lot of flavour. And it’s very easy to make.
*Recipe serves about 6.
What you’ll need
- Loaf pan or bowl of your choice
- 3 ripe avocados – peeled and pitted
- 3 ripe large bananas
- 1 cup lime juice (about 4 limes)
- Zest of 2 limes (scrape the outer coloured part of the peel to use as flavouring)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 cans coconut cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 lime, thinly sliced into quarters – to garnish
How to make
- Combine all ingredients, except lime slices, in a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into a loaf pan or any bowl of your choice and garnish with lime slices. Cover or press plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent discolouration. Freeze until firm for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container and freeze until later.