Make Yummy Gravy Sauce With This Simple Recipe
Gravy is a sauce obtained from chicken stock.
You can use this sauce to eat various foods, ever tried eating gravy with pasta, Irish potatoes with minced beef topping? Yummy!
The taste is out of this world the savoury leaves you wanting more. This condiment is easy to prepare and takes only 15 minutes to make.
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. turkey pan drippings
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth (or turkey stock)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. freshly minced thyme
- 1 tsp. freshly minced sage
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook until golden, 1 minute, then whisk in pan drippings. (If you have more than a cup of drippings, use it and reduce the amount of broth!)
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently until slightly thickened.
- Stir in fresh herbs, then whisk in 1 cup broth and return mixture to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer 10 minutes, gradually adding more broth if gravy is too thick. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve with accompaniment of your choice.