Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad is a delicious and healthy dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Here’s a recipe you can try:
• Grilled vegetables
• 1 zucchini
• 1 yellow squash
• 1 red bell pepper
• 1/2 red onion
• 1-pint grape tomatoes
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• Pinch Salt and Pepper
• Creamy balsamic vinaigrette
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
• 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp dried basil
• 1/2 tsp salt
• Freshly cracked pepper
• 1 lb penne pasta
• 1/4 bunch of parsley (flat leaf)
1. Wash the zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell pepper. Remove the stems, then cut them into large slices or pieces, and remove the seeds from the bell pepper. Slice the red onion into thick slices.
2. Place the zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, red onion, and grape tomatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over top. Gently toss the vegetables until they are well coated in oil. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over top. (Grape tomatoes are generally too small to place directly on a grill, so if using a grill just add the tomatoes to the salad fresh.)
3. Grill the vegetables over an open flame until they are charred and tender. OR, adjust your oven’s top rack to be about 6 inches below the broiler unit and turn the broiler on too high. Place the baking sheet under the broiler and watch it closely until the vegetable become charred and tender (about 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven and distance from the broiler).
4. Allow the vegetables to cool slightly after grilling or broiling. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil to cook the pasta. The moment it starts, add the pasta and boil for 7-10 minutes, or just until the pasta is tender. Drain the pasta in a colander and allow it to cool slightly (until it’s no longer steaming).
5. While the pasta is cooking and the vegetables are cooling, prepare the creamy balsamic vinaigrette. To a jar or bowl add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mayonnaise, Dijon, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Whisk the ingredients together or close the jar and shake until combined.
6. Once the vegetables are cool enough to handle, chop them into smaller, 1-inch pieces. Roughly chop the parsley leaves.
7. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chopped vegetables, and parsley. Pour the vinaigrette over top, starting with half and adding more to your liking. Gently stir the pasta and vegetables until everything is coated in the dressing.
8. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.