Healthy Eating Habits You Should Know Today
1. Learn proper portion size. To avoid eating too much of even the healthiest foods, keep track of how much you’re eating. For most people, meat servings should be about the size of a deck of cards and other servings vary by the type of food.
2. Vary your meals. When the cafeteria has your favourite foods daily it can be easy to return to those old favourites every day. Changing up your diet from day to day is an important part of good nutrition so take advantage of the variety of selections available to you.
3. Eat breakfast. Start your day off right with a good meal when you get up. Whether you’re rolling out of bed at noon or up at the crack of dawn for class, make sure you start your day with a balanced, healthy meal.
4. Keep healthy snacks around. It’s easy to eat healthy if you keep the Cheetos at bay and stock your dorm room with fruits and other healthy snacks. You’ll be more likely to reach for these than junk food if you keep them nearby or in your backpack.
5. Drink moderately. While college students are known for their party, you can still have a good time without consuming all the calories that come along with binging on beer, plus you’ll avoid the hangovers and other negative effects. Drink in moderation and you can have a good time without hurting your health.