Prepare Yamarita Fries In Six Easy Steps
In the spirit of celebrating the New Yam Festival across the country, here’s another way to enjoy yam with this perfect Yamarita recipe:
- 1/2 kg fresh yam, peeled and cut to the desired shape
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 stock cube
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Boil yam in salted water for about 10 minutes and drain.
- In a bowl, mix flour, pepper, seasoning, salt and curry together.
- In a separate bowl, break the egg and whisk.
- Dip each piece of yam into the egg, then the flour mixture and back into the egg.
- Deep fry till golden brown and crunchy.
- Serve hot alone or with a sauce of choice
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421