How To Make Angel Food Cake
Angel food cake is a low-fat cake made from flour, egg white, and sugar. What it lacks in butter, it makes up with its light and airy texture.
• Egg white
• Vanilla extract
• Cream of tartar
1. Sift half of your sugar, flour, and salt. Repeat 4 times OR if you are using granulated sugar, blend then add the flour and salt and blend. Set a little sugar aside.
2. In a bowl, beat your egg white on a low speed until it starts to get foamy. Then add the cream of tartar and vanilla extract and increase the whisking to medium for 5 minutes. While whisking, add a spoon of sugar at 10 seconds intervals so that it combines well.
3. In a baking pan, pour the batter and bake at 3250F or 1630C. Do not grease the pan and use a toothpick or knife in the middle to check the texture.
4. When it is ready, allow it to cool.
5. Slice with a saw-like knife and serve with your favourite drink.