How To Make Tasty Funnel Cakes
It turns out that Funnel Cakes are not cakes after all. They are special desserts served at themed events and are so fun that the young and old love to indulge in it. For those who are keen on serving something new and quick to your guests, here is a simple recipe for your pleasure.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tspn, baking powder
- 3 ½ cups, vegetable oil
- 2 cups, milk
- 2 ½ cups flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sugar for dusting
- Whipped cream, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla or any complimentary sauce of your choice.
- Combine the two mixtures and whisk everything together until everything has blended together. You’ll want it to be thin enough to pour easily, but not too watery or runny. Mix up your batter, then let it sit for a few minutes while you heat your frying oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat until it forms a smooth thin batter. The thin batter should not be too watery or runny.
- Allow the batter to rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes as you heat your oil or prepare any complimentary sauce.
- Heat oil over medium heat or temperature of 375 degrees.
- Now is the imperfect but perfect time. In the funnel where you have poured ½ or 1/4 of your batter, pour the batter in a large spoon and into the hot oil in a spiral form. OR hold the funnel above the hot oil, then move it in a circular motion.
- Fry for 3 minutes, flip and fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove and allow to drain oil
- Repeat until all of the batter is used.
- Eat while hot.