How To Prepare Yummy Edo State Black Soup
Have you heard of Black Soup? It is a delicacy from Edo state, Esan to be precise. Guess what? You do not have to be from Edo state before you can enjoy this delicacy. It is easy to prepare.
No worries because what you will see, are ground leaves.
- Assorted meat
- 1 bulb of onion
- 1 cup of scent leaf
- 2 cups of bitterleaf
- Stock fish
- Smoked fish
- 2 pieces of fresh pepper or 1 spoon of ground pepper
- Palm oil or banga sauce
- ½ cup of ground crayfish
- 3 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
NOTE: Grind the leaves
- Wash and boil your meat with onion. Add seasoning cubes and salt. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add your banga sauce, stock fish, smoked fish, pepper and crayfish. Leave to boil for 15 minutes. The mixture would get thick. Don’t forget to taste.
- Add the ground leaves and stir. Allow to cook for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Serve with your preferred choice of swallow.