Coffee Cake Muffins Recipe
If you love your coffee in the morning, you’ll definitely loooove these coffee flavoured muffins. And if you are like my husband who cannot go a day without coffee, I’d advise you use instant espresso granules for a more intense coffee flavour.
You can use melted butter instead of the oil, this is usually what I prefer to use anyway. Feel free to tweak and make your muffins more enjoyable by adding nuts, chocolate chips, raisins especially if you have a sweet tooth. This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 75g caster sugar
- 75g dark brown sugar2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- A pinch of salt (This doesn’t need a measurement, once your ancestors ask you to stop, please stop)
- 250g plain flour1 large egg
- 225ml milk
- One tablespoon of vegetable oil1 teaspoon vanilla extract#
- Preheat your oven to 190 C for about 10 to 15 minutes. Grease your muffin tin and sprinkle a little flour on it or line with paper cases.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, coffee granules, cinnamon (I don’t really like the taste of cinnamon so I always put very little) and salt.
- In another bowl, combine and mix egg, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Pour in the wet mixture into the dry mixture until it is just a little thick (do not over mix).
- Fill your muffin cups or cupcake pan if you like with 3/4 full of the mixture
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until well done.
- Cool for 7 minutes before removing from pan and put on your wire racks.
- Serve your yummy coffee muffin.