Locust Beans Fried Pepper Stew (Ata Iru)
Adding locust beans to your fried pepper stew will leave you amazed by the taste.
African locust bean is a rich black strong-smelling seasoning and is primarily used as a seasoning for food. In this recipe, we will show you how to prepare locust beans for pepper stew.
- 4 tbsp Palm oil
- 1 tbsp locust beans (Iru)
- Onions (chopped)
- Sauce (Red bell pepper, tomatoes, scotch bonnet pepper and onions)
- Dry fish
- Smoked Turkey
- Seasoning cube
- Wash locust beans and set aside
- Roughly blend your sauce and set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add palm oil. Allow to heat for 2 mins
- Gently add the chopped onions and blended sauce. Cover the pot and allow to cook for 2 to 3 mins
- Add seasoning cube, crayfish (optional), salt, locust beans and mix and cook for another 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, add your fish and turkey and stir gently. Remember to taste and add more seasoning and salt if necessary. Cover and allow to cook for another 5 mins.