How To Make Quick And Easy Homemade Bread
Name a meal better than bread, I’d wait. Bread is one of Nigerian’s favourite staple foods. Breakfast in Nigeria is not complete with bread, whether sliced or not. Interestingly, it is easy to make.
- 1/4 ounce of active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 6 cups of all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour, a cup at a time, this would form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, this should take about 10-12 minutes. Place in a bowl (already greased with oil). Cover and let it rise in a warm place for about an hour, by this time the dough should have doubled in size.
- Punch the dough, turn onto a floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in two oiled loaf pans. Cover and let rise for another hour
- Bake for about 40 – 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once you bring the bread out, place on a counter and let it rest for about 15 minutes. Slice and serve as you please.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421