Sugarcane Juice Should Be Your Next Obsession
Sugarcane is a wildly consumed because of its tasty juice. It might come as shock to people, but, the sugarcane has quite a number of health benefits. It is very rich in antioxidants which helps boost the immune system and fight infections. Other benefits include:
- Sugarcane juice can help with liver strength and is usually recommended as a remedy for jaundice. Jaundice occurs due to increase levels of bilirubin in the body due to poor liver functions. The juice gives the body the necessary nutrients make the liver function properly.
- Sugarcane has a low glycemic index (GI) which makes it highly recommended for diabetic patients. A study revealed that it did not increase blood glucose levels substantially, although, it is still advised to consult a doctor before consuming for diabetic patients.
- Sugarcane juice is a diuretic which means it can be used to treat kidney stones, urinary tract infections and ensure proper kidney functionality.
- With its high carbohydrates, protein, iron and potassium content, it is the perfect drink for boosting energy levels.
- It is rich in iron, calcium, magnesium and other minerals which improve bone health, immunity and guards against dehydration.
- Sugarcane juice has considerably high alkalinity which is good for dealing with acidity and stomach burns.