Tiger Nut Milk Drink: The Natural Aphrodisiac
This dairy-free alternative to cow milk has so many benefits. Adding dates and coconut, as we hear, also makes this drink an aphrodisiac.
• 3 cups tiger nuts, washed
• 1 cup dry dates, washed and de-seeded
• 1 coconut, carved out and broken into small pieces
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 8 cups water
1. Put the tiger nuts in some water, cover with a cloth and leave at room temperature for 24-48 hours until softened. Drain.
2. Soak the dates in hot water to soften.
3. Add the soaked tiger nuts, water, softened dates and coconut to a blender. You can do this in parts if your blender isn’t big enough, and then mix later.
4. Blend on high speed until creamy.
5. Strain the milk through a small sieve or muslin cloth, squeeze as much of the liquid as you can from the pulp, and keep the chaff aside for future use or discard.
6. Add the vanilla and cinnamon and any other spice of your choice and blend.
7. Sieve one last time.
8. Chill the drink for up to a week and use as needed.
9. For benefits of tiger nuts and more recipes, visit the Guardian Life website.